Ways to Reduce Overdrafts
American Heritage Bank offers Overdraft Manager to assist when you inadvertently take your account to a negative balance. This service prevents checks and other debits from being returned to merchants, but it does so at an expense. We want to help you identify ways you can reduce the number of overdrafts on your account and better manage your money. The best advice is to watch your account closely and track checks, check card purchases, and other automatic payments that are set to come out of your account.
- Sign up for these free services to help keep track of your account balance and transactions:
- Ask us about Overdraft Protection Plus
- Keep your check register up-to-date
- Remember to record automatic transactions, such as loan payments and utility payments, in a timely manner
- Review your monthly account statements