If you feel your Online Banking ID or Password have been stolen or compromised, notify our Customer Service Department immediately for assistance.
ONLINE BANKING SECURITY FEATURES
- All data transmitted is encrypted at the highest level available to ensure the data is unrecognizable even if intercepted.
- We use a multi-layer security system to not only authenticate your identity to our system but also to authenticate our website to you.
- Account numbers are not visible through Online Banking. Instead, a “Pseudo Name” is used to represent each account.
- Account lockout features do not allow for random ID or Password guessing.
- The date of last access to the system is displayed after logging in so users can verify that no one else has used their account.
- All Online Banking sessions have a time limit for inactivity, which will log a user out of the system in order to prevent someone else from accessing their information.
BILL PAY SECURITY FEATURES
- The Bill Pay option resides within the Online Banking Service and therefore utilizes all the same security features above.
- In addition, Bill Pay verifies name, mailing address, and account number format of all electronic payees with their database before sending a payment to ensure it is sent to the correct payee.
- The Bill Pay system establishes "normal" patterns and will ask for additional authentication if you make a payment that is out of the ordinary for you.
ESTATEMENT SECURITY FEATURES
- The eStatement option resides within the Online Banking Service and therefore utilizes all the same security features as Online Banking.
- Our eStatement service uses a "pull" method meaning we do not send any of your confidential information by email. You only receive an email notification to let you know your statement is ready for viewing.
PROTECTING YOUR INTERNET SECURITY
As shown, American Heritage Bank will do our part to protect your information; however, you play an important role in protecting your accounts. There are a number of steps you can take to ensure that your American Heritage Bank information remains confidential.
- Keep your user ID and Password to yourself.
- Do NOT use the save password option on your computer.
- Change your Password frequently.
- Log out of Online Banking properly prior to visiting other Internet sites.
- Don't use an ID or a Password that is obvious or easily accessible. Avoid the use of any part of your name, birthdays, children's names, etc.
- Don't record your user ID and Password on paper. Try to memorize them, if possible.
- Review your account information often. Report any unusual activity immediately.
- Never give account information to anyone over the telephone unless you initiated the call. American Heritage Bank will never initiate a call to you and ask for your confidential information.
- Email is not a secure communication device, so make sure to not send any personal information such as account numbers, Social Security Number, ID numbers, or Passwords by email.
- Never respond to emails asking for any sensitive information. American Heritage Bank will never ask for your confidential information by email.
PERSONAL COMPUTER SECURITY GUIDELINES
- Use a current Internet browser with 128-bit encryption that supports secure and private transactions.
- Use the built-in security features that some browsers provide. Choosing certain security settings and options will help protect the privacy of your accounts and personal information.
- The Help Option or Properties on your browser should provide you with the security options available on your system.
- Keep your operating system and Internet browser updated with patches from the vendor's website. For example, use Microsoft's Windows Update feature and install the Critical Updates and Service Packs since these address critical security issues.
- Use virus and spyware protection software and update the software regularly in order to detect new threats.
- Use personal firewall software, especially if you connect to the Internet with a broadband (i.e. cable or DSL) connection.
- If your computer is on a wireless network, ensure that the router settings are secure.
- Use caution when downloading files, installing software, or opening email attachments from unverified or unknown sources.